4/21/11

A Quick Nutritious Delicious Meal

A friend of mine asked me just today if I ever get tired of cooking. I won't lie, "sometimes" I do. But not often.

But the fact remains that you don't have to be in the kitchen long at all and still have something really yummy AND good for you. Today was one of those days.

Shopping yesterday in Plano at Sprouts, I found a nice artisan loaf of rosemary sour dough bread- already sliced. I simply brushed olive oil on one side of four large slices and baked them at 425 degrees for about 5-7 minutes. While they were in the oven, I prepped the topping, slicing kalamata and green olives, grape tomatoes, and fresh basil, mincing 2 cloves of garlic, and adding shaved romano pecorino, diced fresh mozzarella, a handful of presliced ripe black olives and freshly ground peppercorns. I mixed it together with some wonderful fruity olive oil I'd gotten in the Dallas area. Pulling the bread out of the oven, I turned it over and topped it with this amazing mixture and popped it back in for about 5 minutes.

While it was finishing, I juiced 2 large lemons, zested the peel of 1, minced 2 more garlic cloves and added an equal amount of olive oil, whisking it all together. The only other ingredient I tossed in was a wonderful spring mix for a light and fresh tasting salad.

By that time, the 'pizza' was done and I kid you not, it was completely done in less than 20 minutes! And all I can say is WOW! I took my first bite of that crunchy, aromatic, flavorful creation and said, out loud, "DANG! THIS IS GOOD!"

Try it for yourself, and see if you don't agree. Any question? You know how to reach me! And yes, indeed, this IS going into "Cooking With Polly The Food Snob- Volume Two!"

Happy eating!

Polly~ The Food Snob

No comments:

Post a Comment