1/26/11

Fresh Italian Salad: Quick and Delicious!

Being gone most of today visiting my grandson left little time and energy for meal prep.
Opening up our three refrigerators, I quickly found ingredients for a wonderful Italian salad and Toasted Foccacia and had a healthy, amazingly easy and delicious meal in less than ten minutes!
Mixed salad greens, broccoli, grape tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh basil and garlic (two MUSTS!), feta, fresh mozzarella, balsamic vinegar, ground peppercorns, sea salt, and first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil were the makings of this simple feast.
I added some homemade croutons I had baked using leftover Italian bread ends.
Garlic Parsley butter went on foccacia from Paris Bakery, and into the oven to broil. Thanks, Kit, for your always fabulous bread!!
A glass of sweet red wine, my salad and bread, and time with Mitch Rapp, (Vince Flynn's dreamy main character) are plans for my evening.
I hope your evening is as blessed and peaceful as mine.
Once again: Happy Eating!!
Polly~ The Food Snob

No comments:

Post a Comment