10/1/10

Cooking, Cooking, Cooking

I met my deadline for the American Airlines Chef's Challange, so while I'm waiting to hear if I was selected as one of the top 20 to compete on October 12- my plate is full today w/prepping a rehearsal dinner for a sweet couple from church. It's a small gathering, but one I'm certain will be filled with laughter and joy as Justin Golden and Aryn Jolley begin their lives together. It's my pleasure and honor to play a small part in this special celebration. Here's the menu they selected:

Pulled Pork
Red Hot Apple Chutney
Sour Cream/Cheese Potatoes
Spinach Salad w/Feta, Grapes, Red Onions, Black Olives, and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Hot Yeast Rolls w/Butter
Sweet Tea
Citrus Angel Cake w/Lemon Custard and Fresh Whipped Cream

The cakes are already in the oven, and the citrus fragrance clings to the air. I've got a cup of coffee waiting for me, as well as a long list of things to accomplish before my three boys come in from early morning basketball practice. Ah! The life of a busy food snob mother. Can't beat it!!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment