12/30/10

Chicken Piccata- Mmm Mmm Good!

I've been wanting to make this recipe for a while now. Today, I had the time and the ingredients.

How easy this elegant dish was to prepare.

I enclosed four large chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc. Using a metal mallet I purchased at a garage sale years ago for a quarter, I flattened the meat to about a half inch thick. Dredging it in flour seasoned with sea salt and ground peppercorns, I fried it in light olive oil on both sides until browned.

Freshly squeezed lemon juice, organic chicken broth and capers were poured over the breasts and covered. Bringing the liquid mixture to a boil, I let it cook for five minutes. Then I removed the meat onto dinner plates, added butter to the pan, stirring it until well blended.

Over the chicken and basmati rice went this tangy and aromatic sauce. Brussel sprouts and Tomato Basil Salad completed this dish. As you can see from the picture, it was a meal fit for your most beloved of friends and family. My husband and sons ate and gave hearty approval.

It's definitely something I'll make again and again. Try it for yourself and see how simple and delicious it is.

Happy Eating!
Polly~The Food Snob

No comments:

Post a Comment