1/16/11

I Cheated Just a Few Minutes

I'm not really allowed in the kitchen, but I snuck in there long enough to finish this Creamy Spinach Soup. Easy as can be, and really yummy on this drizzly day.

Since I'm trying to heal quicker than the average bear, I'm trying to avoid cow dairy as much as possible. So, I've come up with a way to do so without sacrificing flavor by using my handy dandy Vitamix and a few substitutes: Almond Milk, almonds, nutmeg and Romano Pecorino cheese, which is made from sheep's milk- a healthier alternative.

I directed Daniel to sauté sliced leeks, diced poblano, and chopped fresh garlic in a little bit of olive oil and then add two pounds of fresh spinach to cook down.

My part included less than 5 minutes when I opened some almond milk, added it, the cheese, whole nutmeg, and almonds into the Vitamix and turned it on to do its magic for under a minute. That went into the soup pot with the vegetables and I used my Cusinart Emulsifier to get it to the desired creamy consistency.

Topped with just a bit more shaved Romano and freshly ground peppercorns; it's a healthy soup for a healing body.

Happy Eating!
Polly~ The Food Snob

No comments:

Post a Comment